Monday, January 5, 2009

Favorite Films: A New Take Starts with 'The Duchess'

I have gotten up to # 13. This is difficult. Numbering them. So from now on I am just going to do my favorites period. That way I can share them sooner or at least with more ease.

This week I saw a few films that in time could make my top ten. So knowing the problem of revising the numbers I am taking this route.

Hope you enjoy and play along with me.

So today I add 'The Duchess' that I just caught up with this weekend.
It amazes me that there is NO Oscar BUZZ for this film.

Ralph Fiennes is amazingly cold without being downright cruel as the husband.
Dominic Cooper is constantly believable as the lover.
Charlotte Rambling swings from concerned mother to the mother from hell without pause.

But this is Keira Knightley's film from beginning to end
She grows from girl to woman before your eyes.
This is her best role to date.
I knew she showed great promise with 'Pride and Prejudice'. Here the promise is fulfilled.
I suggest you rent this at your very first chance.




No comments: