Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Countdown To The Oscars: Today The Best Director Nominees




The countdown is here
So today I make my pick for Best Director.

The Oscar should and will go to Danny Boyle.

He just created a film of joy and eye filling pleasures on the smallest budget of all these nominees. He directed a cast of thousands in a new way. A real way. Not the Cecil B. DeMille way. From the leads and the kids who played them as children he got real performances. Only Robert Mulligan's direction of kids has been able to do this so naturally until Danny Boyle.

I am not going along with the crowd here. I never do. This year the crowd happens to agree with me and not vice versa. Danny Boyle is and will be Best Director come Sunday night.



(Tomorrow Best Supporting Actor)

No comments: