Thursday, November 21, 2013

Marion Cotillard on Kate Winslet as Adele in “Labor Day”

'variety' has interviewed a number of actors to comment on their pier's performances in 2013. it was nice to see and read one of my favorites comment on another of my faves, so here is the divine and brilliant marion on the equally divine and brilliant kate.


"Kate, I love you. The first time I saw you was in “Heavenly Creatures.” I knew then that I would follow you forever. I felt so deeply connected because that's what you do.
You connect us in the deepest way to all these women you portray. You embody them, personify them, and there is nothing ever self-conscious about it. And with such simplicity! Watching you in “Labor Day,” I felt scared, excited and touched deeply. I felt despair, fear, joy … and then ultimately love. Because that's what you were going through and you made me feel it. What I feel when I watch you onscreen is that you enter into people and you move them. So thank you for the emotion, for the connection and for the love."

No comments: