Monday, September 29, 2008

'Two For The Road' Comes In At #7

My Favorite Audrey Photo



So Beautiful in face, spirit and soul.




I LOVE Audrey Hepburn and that being said this is my favorite Audrey film. And I love many of her films but not all. She grows up in this film Audrey the WOMAN emerges. The shame of it all is that except for a few roles over the next 25 years. Audrey went into semi-retirement working for UNICEF until her untimely death on January 20, 1993. I missed her then as I miss her still. She was a beacon of light on the screen. If there are angels in some heaven she surely is a star there also.

For 1967 Audrey got an Oscar nomination for 'Wait Until Dark'. A film terribly directed by her then about to be divorced husband Mel Ferrer. Wrong nomination and the great Kate Hepburn went on to win her third Oscar. It was a tough year though. Faye Dunaway in 'Bonnie and Clyde' and Anne Bancroft in 'The Graduate'. Yet I firmly believe if Audrey had been nominated for 'Two for the Road' she would have won.

And before I forget and I wouldn't, there is the handsome, sexy and wonderful youthful Albert Finney as the other half of this intriguing couple. They share a chemistry that makes this story work. It's a shame they never worked together again.

Add to it all Frederic Rafael's brilliant screenplay, the dissection of a marriage over a decade unfolds in past, present and future time shifting back forward and middle and over again as the story unfolds.


I now present 'Two for the Road'.

The Posters







The Color Gallery

















Jacqueline Bisset made her first big splash as Audrey's initial competitor for the youthful Albert Finney.




The black and white stills








No comments: